Can You Move Out Of State With A Child Without Custody Agreement

If you want to move because you have people who are feared for your child`s safety (or yours), there are remedies under Tennessee law. You should talk to a lawyer immediately about your options. Even if you think you or your child is in danger, if you are allowed to leave your parent without a warrant, you may also be in trouble if you think you or your child is in danger. These types of scenarios are generally very factual and you need to make an informed decision based on legal advice tailored to the unique circumstances you face. As you can see, the transfer of a parent to a child custody issue is a complex area of child law in Pennsylvania, with significant consequences for non-compliance with the law. These situations are best verified by a qualified family lawyer long before they plan to move with children, and certainly if your move is necessary due to a family emergency, job loss or relocation. For more information on child relocation issues or other custody and child welfare issues, divorce cases, pre-marital agreements, adoptions or grandparents` rights, you can contact one of Willig Williams`s lawyers in Internal Relations and Family Law at (215) 656-3600. Suppose you share 50/50 custody with your ex-husband as part of a court warrant. The kids go to school near your neighborhood. They both share responsibility for children`s school and social activities.

You tell your ex-husband about your new job and ask if he agrees that the children should move in with you in Seattle. He doesn`t say anything. Note: Any U.S. President The state follows the UCCJEA with the exception of Massachusetts (and Puerto Rico).2 If you live in Massachusetts or Puerto Rico, who follow another law, the Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA), emergency custody can only be granted if the child has been abandoned or if the child (no parent or sibling) is the victim of abuse or abuse.3 If you have to leave the state with your child to be safe, you must take the risk. But you should first talk to a lawyer if you can. This kind of case is very complicated. That`s why it`s so important to get a legal counsel. Your lawyer may advise you: if you are granted emergency detention, the order would probably be an ex parte order, since the other parent would not be present in court.

Ex-parte orders are generally available for a short period of time until one day of return when both parents are present before the judge before the court. Note: If a custody decision is already made in State A and you receive emergency accommodation in State B, the emergency order can generally only last long enough for you to return to State A and amend this existing provision.4 The answer to this question is very complex and may depend on several different factors. We strongly recommend that you speak to a lawyer for specific legal advice on your situation.